Vacancy - part-time lifeguard
Part-time lifeguard (full training provided)
The PaddlePod team is growing and we are looking for awesome lifeguards to join our busy learn to swim centres in Shiremoor and Killingworth.
Don't have a lifeguard qualification? That's not a problem because we are running a lifeguard training programme (NLPQ) and we have a handful of spaces available for part-time lifeguards.
Already got a UK-recognised lifeguard training qualification? We'd love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your CV and we will be in touch.
PaddlePod lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety and enjoyment of our swimmers and their families in and out of the water. You'll be expected to supervise sessions within the pool. You will also be responsible for carrying out cleaning and safety & maintenance duties around the building - this will include set-up and take-down of equipment in areas such as our soft play and sensory rooms.
You'll be offered the chance to grow within this role, with a range of exciting training and development opportunities available. Joining an established and growing team, you'll play a key role in helping us to retain our position as the north-east's leading learn to swim venues.
In this role, you will:
- Safely manage customer flow throughout the building
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning, maintenance and remedial work of relevant equipment and fittings to the highest possible standards, carrying out inspections and bringing to the attention of the management any faults or major repairs
- Proactively direct and manage customer behavior during use of the pool and other relevant facilities to ensure the highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
What are we looking for?
You MUST have:
- A DBS check (valid or to be undertaken)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to appropriately correct behavior of pool users
- The ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of customers and the business
Our part-time lifeguards work 15-20 hours per week at our centres in Shiremoor and Killingworth. You will have one set day off each week. Shifts will cover weekends and early evenings throughout the week.
The salary offered will depend on experience and will start from £7.50 per hour.
The deadline for applying for this role is Friday 8th July.